Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Northoceanbeach
Regular MemberPosts: 448Gear list
Like?
Which has better IQ: A7+kit or Nex7+16-70Zeiss
2 months ago

I'm just trying to learn exactly how good the A7 is. I really want it. I really want it bad. I have since the minute I first touched it in the store! That hasn't happened with any other cameras. Even some of the really nice dslr's I've played with.

So....which takes better photos, the A7 with the kit lens or the Nex7 or A6000 with one of the best lenses, say the Zeiss zoom. That seems pretty equivalent. Does anyone have some side by side comparisons or a link to something? How accurate are DXOmark scores?

How long do people expect the A7 to stay top of the line? Things must be happening fast in the mirrorless world because I've read here and there that the nex7 is an old camera! But if you look at reviews from when it was introduced like by Steve Huff, he says it's the camera we've been waiting for.

I don't think dslr's are progressing so quickly. I see a lot of people out shooting with several year old cameras. But mirrorless seems to be changing quickly. Is today's darling soon going to become tomorrow's old news? If I get the A7, will they just release a newer version in a couple months with blazing autofocus and whatever else, and nobody will want the A7 anymore? I like any camera I get to keep a good resale value, and right now if I got the A7 with the deal I could turn around and sell it for what I paid or more. It's that hot. But if they release a new one, which I haven't heard any word of....how much was the nex6 going for over Christmas and how much is it selling for now? Big difference.
--
https://www.flickr.com/photos/northoceanbeach/

Northoceanbeach's gear list:Northoceanbeach's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon 1 J1 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow