Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ozyxy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,684Gear list
Like?
People in a bookshop in Athens, Greece
3 months ago

Here are some photos from a bookshop in Athens, Greece. I hope they successfully document the everyday behavior of people in a bookshop. All photos taken with a Sigma 30mm f/2.8 lens on a Sony NEX-F3 APS-C camera, so the equivalent field of view is that of a 45mm normal lens. Comments and critique is welcome. Unless otherwise noted, the photos are original SOOC JPEGs (to say the truth I'm not very experienced in post-production but I think the SOOC JPEGs look OK for quick sharing).

Here we see a special installation of the bookshop on which people sit and read books. A kid and a man use the bookshop's special installation to read a book and take a rest, respectively.

A closer look at the same installation on which we see a man reading a book with great interest (this one is processed from the RAW: cropped and fixed horizon, brightness adjustment.):

And here is a portrait of a woman holding two books:

A man and a woman chat while the man browses items in the bookstore. The woman holds a coffee cup.

A more general view of the comics & fantasy literature section of the bookshop:

Do you think the above photo (#5) is good?

A girl browsing comics

A closer view of the above scene:

Can you help me decide which one of the two photos above (6 and 7) is the best? I think I'll choose the photo #6 to include in the final series, but what do you think about #7?

Here's another photo of people browsing books:

What do you think about #8? Is the framing too tight or about right? Should I crop out the girl on the right side?

Overall, I think the 45mm FOV was a bit tight for including the environment of the bookshop albeit it worked well for portraits of the people there, so if I do again another similar shoot at a bookshop I think I'll try with a 28mm FOV to take more environmental views.

Ozyxy's gear list:Ozyxy's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.8 SF Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN +10 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow