Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hendrixx
Forum MemberPosts: 98
Like?
Switching from D5200?
5 months ago

I've been looking at the new X-T1 wondering if I should pull the plunge.

I bought the new Olympus om-10 a few weeks back meaning to sell my Nikon D5200 but when I couldn't sell it I had to let the Om-10 go.

I just managed to sell the Nikon the other day so I'm looking at a replacement. There are few roads I'm looking at, mainly the XT1 and the D810. I might be too optimistic when it comes to the Nikon and glass I want/need so the cheaper route will probably end up prevailing.

So I have a few questions for those of you who know better.

How would the image quality in XT1 compare to the D5200? The image quality and dynamic range was absolutely superb in my Nikon with it's 18-140mm kit lens and while I really liked the smaller package OM10 had to offer I could really see a difference in quality when I was pixel peeping. I don't know if it really bothered me too much though.

I was interested to see the Fujifilm has an aps-c- sensor, I was under the impression it was a micro four-thirds like the Olympus and others in this size category. Does that mean the XT-1 will have much better image quality than the Om-10?

Also, if I went down the Fuji road, what lenses should I go for if I need something good for food photography? I'm intrigued to see the kit lens is 2.8. Maybe that will suffice? What I would like is a wide zoom for landscape and also a good walk-around lens(probaly just the kit lens) and a good lens for my wife's food photography which would also work good for portraits(again, maybe the kit lens is good enough with its wide aperture?)

I also don't wanna be paying for just the convenient size. The price imho is a little steep when I can get the D7100 for cheaper. If I'm paying just for size I can save up for glass by going for the OM-10. But then again, there's probably a reason it scored a gold on this site?

Please help, all info much appreciated!

Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D5200 Nikon D7100 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow