which telephoto zoom would be better?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
TN Args
Regular MemberPosts: 220Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic for the Future
In reply to CrisPhoto, 2 months ago

Totally agree Christof. At no time do I want to bag the 50-200, what a fantastic lens. My post was to correct the idea that the 100-300 is some kind of unusable shocker, especially at 300. If Ming Thein recommends it, yes with provisos, but still, it is a highly usable lens and people should be buying it, not being put off and redirected to some much larger and heavier lens with a TCV.

My advice to the OP is to be pragmatic and buy the 100-300 and use it and prove to yourself what you think. It is compact, functional, light, good glass, reasonable performance, good price, and (if necessary) quite re-sellable.

It grabs AF very quickly. It shoots at 2-3 fps with continuous AF. It shoots as fast as your camera can go without AF.

I would still be interested to know the continuous AF shooting speed of an E-M1 with 50-200 and TCV, with subject on the move and needing refocusing? Someone has tried this?

-- hide signature --

call me Arg

TN Args's gear list:TN Args's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow