Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ANAYV
Forum ProPosts: 10,624
Like?
No update to FZ200 this year :(
5 months ago

OK, I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but when Panasonic was introducing the FZ1000, they compared quite a few features and specs, to the FZ200.Not all were compared to the FZ200, but some were.

One of the camera review sites had a Panasonic representative showing many features of the FZ1000 on a projector /TV monitor and also showed comparisons to the FZ200.

One chart was showing the FZ200 specs, and next to it, the better , improved FZ1000 specs.

One such chart was on High Speed Response, and comparing the FZ200 and the FZ1000, including start up time, AF speed and the  LVF (EVF)  response time.

Another chart showed the FZ200 vs. the FZ1000, and the two different sensors used, as well as showing pixel size, light receiving amount and bokeh effect.Of course all showing the FZ1000 improving on the existing FZ200.

All this was to show the improvements of the FZ1000.

Comparing it to the FZ200 in some of the many new features has me thinking ....

That the FZ1000 is the new direction for the FZ line.

Or at least that the FZ200 has a bigger brother, and no need to update the FZ200 at this time.

Sure hope I am wrong, but following the FZ line, and owning most of them, since the FZ10, back in 2003,  I think my thinking is logical.

This does leave room open for an upgrade to the FZ70...but that is looking as a slim chance.

Any thoughts?

ANAYV

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow