ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Steve West
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,321
Like?
Panasonic GX7 EVF question
5 months ago

Hi all,

I'm seriously considering the Pano GX7 (as my small carry when I don't want to take the FF boat anchor out).

I have a GF1 now, and the GX7 would be a fantastic replacement. There's only one thing that I'm concerned about, and that is seeing the effect of exposure in the EVF.  I understand there are times when I want to see the exposure effect (almost always) and times when I don't (studio flash work when I want the EVF to gain up to just show me something in the dark before the flash goes off).

I'm looking in the GX7 manual around pages 36 and 37. I see "Constant" mode which only works in manual mode!  Then there is something called "Preview" which works in PASM modes. The manual description defies my ability to understand what the preview mode is. So is the "preview" mode a continuous WYSIWYG exposure image in the EVF?  Why have two different modes?  Don't you just want to turn the effect on or off for all modes?

If the GX7 EVF will not show me whether the image is going to be under/overexposed in A or S mode or what the effect of exposure compensation will be in P mode, that is a show stopper.

Any clarification is appreciated.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow