EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,635Gear list
Like?
Re: You missed the question.
In reply to Austinian, 3 months ago

Austinian wrote:

jonas ar wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Because a competent photographer knows exposure is not dependent on format. It is dependent on: ISO, Aperture and Shutter values for a given scene brightness. That is it.

According to wikipedia photographic exposure is the amount of light (the image plane illuminance times the exposure time) reaching a photographic film (and you may substitute film with "sensor" if you like).

I can see how the aperture and shutterspeed (and the scene brightness) affect the exposure in this defintion, but please do explain how ISO affects the amount of light reaching the sensor. Or do you not agree with wikipedia on the definition of exposure?

Can you not see that changing the ISO is fundamentally different from changing the amount of light recorded?

Do you really think that we change the exposure when we use the exposure slider in raw processors (or modulate the image brightness of the developed picture in other ways by software)?

I've been waiting for somebody to bring this up. If history is any guide, now the real fun begins.

I think the latest image in your gallery can provide some answers, taken at ISO 1600. Why?

PS. I was there, three days earlier.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow