Best Green/Blue Screen Software and maybe retouching software?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Khrista
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
Best Green/Blue Screen Software and maybe retouching software?
5 months ago

Hi.  This is a cross post as it was suggested I try asking my question here.  I am wondering what the best software is for taking pictures using a blue/green screen?  I am just wanting to take portraits in front of one and then change out the background.  Nothing overly complicated (at least in theory).  I've run into the problem of not being able to get rid of all the green for people with light hair / fly away hair.  I've just been using Adobe Elements 11, but am thinking there is something better out there I could use that might work better.  Right now I have to try to go in close to get the green out.  Makes it more time consuming than I want.  I'm not a pro photographer, so don't need a super advanced program (unless it's just as expensive then no problem).

I do enjoy editing and retouching photos some, so if there's a better program that happens to do that also, even better.  At some point I'll try to fix my ruined wedding photos that the photographers camera went bad or something and so most have a brownish stripe across the top.  Not sure it's possible, even if I scan the negative in, but that's my someday hope to work on too.

The only other software I use is what came with my Nikon.

Thanks so much!

Khrista

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow