Limburger
Senior MemberPosts: 4,191Gear list
Like?
Re: Suggestions for camera/lens combo for Italy
In reply to happysnapper64, 4 months ago

happysnapper64 wrote:

Limburger wrote:

happysnapper64 wrote:

I went to Italy 2yrs ago, Lake Garda. It was my first trip with a dslr, so, like you, i was unsure what to take. I took my 600D/T3i + 3 lenses. 10-20, 18-55 + 55-250. I got some decent shots, but 80% or so were taken @ 100mm or less. It was also a pain constantly changing lenses. On my return home, I bought a 7D + 15-85. The 15-85 with my 600D would have done the whole trip, with few missed shots. We are also going back in 6 weeks, same place, same hotel! I decided to travel light & bought an Olympus e-pl5 with 14-40 + 40-150 lenses. Half the weight & size of the dslr + lenses. Menus a bit complicated, but the picture quality is outstanding, IMO. I won't be selling my 7D, but may sell the 60D.

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.
"I'm so fast, when I turn off the light, i'm in bed before the room gets dark" The great Muhammad Ali.

Travel light my friend.

I wish you good pastas and salads and very nice wine!

Enjoy your small and light Oly!

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Mike, my good friend I hope you are well. Yes, only 6 weeks to go! I like a nice piece of fish too. Sue doesn't like fish, but loves seafood, prawns, crab etc. I am getting used to the little Oly, so easy to carry around. Lens changes are easier too, I find, because of that. Nice pics. Who is the sexy pouty lady at the bar? Rrrrrr!! Take care my friend.

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.
"I'm so fast, when I turn off the light, i'm in bed before the room gets dark" The great Muhammad Ali.

Lee it was fun to shoot in Paris. For me the Fuji is a blessing, I hope the Oly does the same for you.

The pretty lady...je ne le sais pas, mais elle est tres pretty!

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Limburger's gear list:Limburger's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OohNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow