Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DUBTEMPLE
Regular MemberPosts: 282Gear list
Like?
Quick TC-E17ED questions
5 months ago

The moon-shots with my new TC was ok, but I have been struggeling a bit with focus and sharpness under more earthly situations, admittedly I have missed proper light, and also I am very impatient to get some nice bird-shots, so in this dilemma I just made a some indoor test-shots with the few things I had at hand here in my country location.

1. First checked out optimal camera-apearture at 600mm to f/4.5, and with TC to F/5.6 ,.. as I vaguely seems to remember this is approximately what others get as well ?

2. Then I checked out minimum focus-distance with TC, it was 9 meters, and 4 meters in macro-mode, I am not sure if this is "normal" figures ?

3. Now I found an old magacine, decided to capture a corner of the front-page, sized as a little thumb finger in lenght, and decider that the end results should be a jpg 750 pixels wide. First I took a close-up of the magazine to show the original in details. Then I went back 10 meters and made the best possible shuts with, and without TC,.... I used a stand, no stabilisation, wireless-romote, and choose the best out of 3 shots each time, (not that the diffrence was big). All default settings, and no PP, so compareable, I would like to know if the example below, shooting same target with and without TC, is showing a "typical" improvment as I could expect ?

DUBTEMPLE's gear list:DUBTEMPLE's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow