B & H Photo Square Trade Protection Plan for drops and spills for GH4?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
racin06
Regular MemberPosts: 172Gear list
Like?
B & H Photo Square Trade Protection Plan for drops and spills for GH4?
4 months ago

I'll be ordering the Panasonic GH4 within the next couple of days from B & H Photo. B & H offers the Square Trade Protection Plan for drops and spills that includes:

- 2-Day service and free shipping both ways.

- Mechanical, electrical and product failures - 100% parts and labor with no deductibles

- Easy online management - Zero hassle claim service - Available 24/7

The 2-year plan is $199.98 and the 3-year plan is $247.98. I've never been one to purchase any kind of warranties for no matter what I've purchased in the past. I also own a GX7 in which I didn't purchase a protection plan. However, the GH4 will be my most expensive camera to date. I'd like some feedback on what you all think about these extra protection plans. Have you purchased these plans in the past? Are they worth the money?

racin06's gear list:racin06's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow