Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cchen2
Contributing MemberPosts: 844Gear list
Like?
IT'S A GIRL! Sonys welcome my new daughter into the world
5 months ago

Hi folks, just wanted to share some of the pics from the birth of my beautiful new daughter, who we named Elinor.  (Name means "shining light" which we took from Phillipians 2)  It has been a long and in some ways exhausting weekend for us, but Elinor is well and mom is doing great as well.  So grateful that everyone is safe- there were some scary times during the delivery but things are looking up now.  It's amazing how such a little thing can your life turn upside down- I love her so much and thank God that we went from infertility to this cute little person.

My first shots that I sent out were from my iPhone 4- they were very raw, but quick.

Next came my RX10 whiich did a great job shooting video of the weekend and was easy to use to transfer photos from the camera.  Using my Neewer bounce flash helped me keep my ISO settings relatively low.  These are all SOOC.

Finally came the C3, which took wonderful portraits, but was challenging to frame some pictures because of the small hospital room and the 50 mm lens.  Also having to wait until I got home to post them was annoying- my replacement NEX will have WIFI connection.

Overall, it was a wonderful day and my life will never be the same now that I am a parent.  So grateful to have trooper of a wife to do it with!

Cheers,
Mike

-- hide signature --

Just one life, twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last

cchen2's gear list:cchen2's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Alpha NEX-C3 Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow