What can you do and what are the potentials of the Wi-Fi/NFC features on the A77 II?

Started Jul 20, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
xtoonice
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
What can you do and what are the potentials of the Wi-Fi/NFC features on the A77 II?
Jul 20, 2014

Sony dropped the GPS with the A77-II. For some it is not a big deal, for others, like myself, it is.

In it's place, we are given Wi-Fi and NFC support. What I'd like to know, is if there are any neat things you can do with those features right now, and potentially in the future. I would not be very impressed if those features are used solely for data transfer. I do my data transfers at home where it would be much faster with a cable, or better yet a card reader to read the memory card.

What I am *hoping* to hear is someone telling me that those connectivity features will allow a laptop or smartphone to remote control functions on the camera so that you can, for instance, use the phone as a remote or intervalometer. Is that wishful thinking or plausible/already done?

Sony a77 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow