Panasonic UK GH4 promotions (free battery grip & battery, 2 years warranty) problems

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Olfdee
Forum MemberPosts: 78Gear list
Like?
Panasonic UK GH4 promotions (free battery grip & battery, 2 years warranty) problems
3 months ago

Early days of that promotion weren't paricularly 'professional' , but now I suffer direct result of poor service of the promotion organizer. In short words, this is what I just sent to Panasonic UK :

After finally receiving pre-ordered Panasonic GH4 camera, I submitted claims for free battery grip & battery as well as 2 year warranty on 27/5. Accordingly to promotion terms I would expect to receive both within 40 days, also by 7th of July. That nicely coincided with first of my planned photo trips over summer holiday. Yet only on 10/7 (already during travel) an email stating that 'Howard Warwick Associates Ltd order is due for delivery' landed in my email. After returning and checking my orders I figured out (no mention about Panasonic in the email) it must be the overdue promotional item. To my surprise the courier used does not allow to change delivery address (outside of original postcode) and delivers only 9-5. Frankly that is when most people work to earn for devices like GH4. Promotion form does not allow to specify alternative delivery address, so it is the recipient left with a problem. As a result I had to travel 20 miles (one way) on a Saturday to the courier depo, as that was the only option left for me to receive the goods.

Upon return, when I opened the bag there was only a box with battery grip (DMW-BGGH3E) but no battery. That is just disgraceful, and more annoying that I'm due to depart on 26/7 for 3 weeks to Asia, where second battery is a must.

I will be contacting promotion organizer tomorrow requesting immediate delivery of missing battery to my work address. Regardless the outcome, as of now my Panasonic GH4 experience is far from being possible to describe as professional.

Just to mention, I have not received 2nd year warranty certificate so far neither.

Is it only me being so lucky, or is this service really that poor?

So far I only claimed cashback in Panasonic promotions, so it was neither that challenging delivery wise, not the timing was critical...

Olfdee's gear list:Olfdee's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +5 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow