Agreeable Strange & Model (2 Non-Sony Images)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bikeguy
Forum ProPosts: 11,051Gear list
Like?
Agreeable Strange & Model (2 Non-Sony Images)
5 months ago

B&H has lots of free seminars here in NYC. Last week there was one on off-camera flash that met across the street from Lincoln Center. They supply the lighting and the models. Everyone gets a chance to shoot.

On this shot with the model I pretty much moved the light where I wanted it and directed the model. The settings were fixed for efficiency since about 30 people were shooting, one at a time. Settings were: f/5.6, 1/125th, ISO 200. Flash was manual at 1/2 power. I was using a Canon 5D Mark III and the 85mm f/1.8.

She was very good at posing, but I wanted something a little more real and had about 2 minutes to try and get it, so...........   I asked if she was an animal lover...she said yes...asked if she had a childhood dog...yes and I still have it, she said...okay...let me see how the dog makes you feel...

This second shot is of a young lady who was having lunch right next to where we were all lined up and waiting our turn. We chatted and I asked if I could take her photo. She allowed me to direct her to this pose with the glasses. This is without flash. Settings were f/2.2, 1/200th sec, ISO 100.

Cheers, Charles

-- hide signature --
 bikeguy's gear list:bikeguy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D +9 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow