Suggestions for camera/lens combo for Italy

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Isola Verde
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,038Gear list
Like?
Re: Suggestions for camera/lens combo for Italy
In reply to HappyTailz, 5 months ago

We've recently returned to the UK after spending a decade in the Campania region of Italy - on the island of Ischia (if in Sorrento, look towards where the sun sets!) - and in all the time we were there I hardly touched my pair of DSLRs during the summer months.

You'll find that September is still very warm, and might do a lot better with a good 24mm to something compact.

After several years of trying, I've finally settled on the Panasonic LX7 (24/90, f/1.4, RAW etc), although I actually took most of the photos in the collections here with various of their small-sensor TZ/ZS models....

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/italia

Personally, I've found that the photos one takes are always better than those missed through not having felt like dragging a camera along (together with water bottle, guide book, mpas etc etc) - but if that suggestion doesn't suit, my own choice would be to get the Canon 10/22 (you should be able to buy and resell a used copy with no great financial loss if you do subsequently go Full Frame) to use with your Sigma 24/105...

Of course, your mileage may vary?

Peter

Isola Verde's gear list:Isola Verde's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 Nikon Coolpix P330 Canon EOS D60 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OohNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow