ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dpstudy
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Help! My brand new Canon Powershot a1400 no longer focus :(
3 months ago

Hello,
I just baught this great cheap cmaera, and made great photos with it over the last month.

Now I tried to cover the glowing metal cricle around the lens.
I did so using cyanoacrylate adhesive (very powerful super glue) by cutting a dark plastic cover that only fit the metal strip around.
I did so with very attention to not get neither the glow, nor the plastic cover to touch the lens movable body parts

Now the camera can be used to catch photos in crowd, while people will not notice it because the light-reflexing metal strip is covered (the reason why I did that). Great.

But:
Camera is no longer giving me the "green box" in the middle of the screen as usual, in all focus ranges, in all light conditions, in all ISOs!

.. that for the semi-manual P (Program) option, which I always use to control ISO.

Only when I use "Auto" - wich also uses a hight ISO all the time - it can get the focus green box.
HD video seems working OK too.

Semi-Manual settings using "P" option no longer gives me "green".. but blue, no-focus indicator.

Did I cover AF sensor or something I don't know about???

Please help me!

What did I do wong, and how can I get it back to normal!!?

Thank you so much!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot A1400
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow