quiet camera with goog low-light performance (ISO 1600/3200)

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
praguetom
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
quiet camera with goog low-light performance (ISO 1600/3200)
5 months ago

I'm looking for a new camera for shooting at conferences, so I need something quiet (not to disturb the audience/speaker) and performing well in low-light conditions (the room is usually dimmed, requiring ISO ~1600-3200). Interchangeable lens is "a must have" and generally the more it feels like a DSLR, the better.

I use DSLR Sony SLT-A57 for ~2 years, and it served me well, but the shutter sound gets more and more annoying while shooting in quiet rooms, and the low-light performance is average.

So I started looking, but while it's reasonably easy to compare image quality, it's really difficult to compare shutter noise - most reviews don't really mention that at all, and youtube videos make it really difficult to compare.

After some research, I got interested in these two cameras (but feel free to recommend other).

* Panasonic GX7 - reportedly very quiet, image quality about comparable to my current camera (SLT-A57) but I'd like to improve this

* Fuji X-T1 - louder than GX7, but probably still much quieter than A57, great image quality, and I like the DSLR-like feel (I also look at X-M1 and X-E1, but it's too compactish / small for my hands, especially the X-M1 which is missing the viewfinder)

I'll definitely go to a store to try the cameras in person, but at this moment I'm leaning towards the X-T1. But maybe there's another camera I should add to the list?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow