Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
halothane
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Tamron 16 - 300 & Canon EOS 350D Compatibility
5 months ago

Purchased a Tamron 16 -300 as a 'coverall' lens for travelling reasonably light, and my son was planning to put it on his 350D.

After about 6 shots, the camera refuses to read the aperture data, and will not allow any shots to be taken. This happens repeatedly and  at roughly the same interval; I managed 10 shots before it happened at one point.

Before blaming the lens, I tried it on my 60D and 7D, and have had no issues at all. The camera continues to work fine with all the other lenses I have.

I appreciate the 350D is now an old stager, but I wonder if anybody else has had this problem - and to warn those who may be considering the same combination. I suppose a software fix for the Canon would solve the issue, but I doubt that will be forthcoming.

the lens, incidentally, is fairly good for what it is, and as long as you don't expect miracles, can capture some very nice shots.

BW to all!

Canon EOS 350D (EOS Digital Rebel XT / EOS Kiss Digital N)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow