getting some auto speed with a mute lens? (D5200)

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Herve5
Forum MemberPosts: 52Gear list
Like?
getting some auto speed with a mute lens? (D5200)
4 months ago

Hello all,

I just got an interesting old telephoto lens, mirror-based, which features a definitely minimal Nikon adapter with just no electrical contact at all.

Needless to say, my D5200 tells me, "there is no lens", and I'm back to full Manual mode.

Because it is mirror-based its aperture just doesn't change, so the two parameters I play with are the ISO setting and the speed dial.

While I manage to react reasonably quickly adding in e. g. bracketing tricks, I'd definitely love a way of doing where this ISO vs speed play is automated by the camera.

Is there a way to set this up without hardware changes? (the tele is very old, to the extent I e. g. wouldn't attempt to unscrew its adapter)

I definitely appreciate this lens, which is basically equivalent to the present Samyang 500/f8 mirror lenses, but even lighter, more compact (!) and less costly since second-hand (make was Rony, japanese and presumably long dead)

It's just I'd appreciate to shoot once rather than three time for each picĀ 

TIA!

Hervé

Herve5's gear list:Herve5's gear list
Nikon D5200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Lemke Software GraphicConverter +3 more
ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow