ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chicago Jake
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Hand-holding Tests for the ZS40
5 months ago

Hi Gang,

I've been curious about the Image Stabilization on the ZS40. It strikes me as extremely good. I did some tests, and I'm curious to see what you experts out there think of them.

I'm not a particularly good hand-holder. Lord knows I guzzle enough caffeine each day that I can't claim rock-steady hands. But my shots turn out amazingly crisp.

I took a series of test shots in Shutter-priority mode, at a brick wall across the street from my house. I shot at 1/60 second and on down, doubling the exposure time with each shot. I really couldn't tell the difference until I got down to HALF a second! That seems incredible to me. Please take a look and tell me what you think.

All shots were taken at the maximum 129mm focal length (720mm in 35mm equivalent). I have a bunch of exposures, but I'll just post the 1/60, 1/10, 1/5, and 1/2 second shots:

1/60 second exposure

1/10 second exposure

1/5 second exposure

1/2 second exposure

Chicago Jake's gear list:Chicago Jake's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S3000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Canon EOS 300D
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow