If you could only have one lens which would it be?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Northoceanbeach
Regular MemberPosts: 448Gear list
Like?
If you could only have one lens which would it be?
2 months ago

I'm curious. I know there are a lot of lens threads. But I would like to know, and of course it will vary on what kind of subjects you shoot. It has to be e mount.

From what I have used I would be hard pressed to choose between the 50mm, which I use the most and like the best and the 55-210, which I think I need the most.

The 50 has better colours and low aperture, so for that reason it's versatile, but on the other hand, I like to shoot mountains and often distant nature photography that I can't zoom with my feet. I also zoom in to my best photos on the computer and pixel peep so I wouldn't want to have to crop that much all the time.

I've got to say the 55-210. It's also a good size for a telephoto so it's still a small enough kit I'm comfortable carrying that setup in a small bag all day or on a blackrapid strap. I haven't seen an A7 with the new tele zoom attached in person so I can't comment on whether that would be too big to carry all the time.

The 24-70 Zeiss would be tempting for a single lens or the 18-200 to cover such a range of focal lengths. Mans everyone says the FE 55 is one of the best lenses in existence.
--
https://www.flickr.com/photos/northoceanbeach/

Northoceanbeach's gear list:Northoceanbeach's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon 1 J1 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoneNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow