Lance B wrote:

Jack Simpson wrote:

Lance B wrote:

Hi Lance

Hope all is well down under and you're winter's going well

Cheers and Hi to Brett if you're ever in contact

Jack

Hi Jack,

I hope you are doing well and nice to talk.

Hi Lance,

Doing well and still flogging kit

All well here and winter is cold!

Glad to hear that and, ironically, we're having our first day of rain and cool(ish) 22C weather after a rare "hot" spell (28-30C) for about 2 weeks :o Of course, a number of folks from Australia and the southern Obamaland states don't consider it hot and, speak of the devil, some folks from Missouri were just in and I mentioned our "hot spell" and she just laughed at me

If it makes you feel any better, I would have laughed also!

I am hoping to see Brett later this year, he had moved to Brisbane about 6-7 years ago so I rarely see him now.

I think I remember reading about that and it kinda sucks when you lose a good shooting mate

Definitely, he is a really great guy, we had so much in common.

If you're thinking about the D810, we just flogged our first one a few days ago and my, initial, thoughts were:

I already have it! In fact, I think I may have been one of the first of the buying public to own one in the world, reason being - the official release was supposed to be 17th July, but my supplier got them in on the 16th at about 12:00 noon and as Australia is one of the first nations in the world to wake up to any given day, we were almost the first nation to have them on sale to the public. As I said, my supplier received them on the 16th rather than the 17th and immediately told me and I went straight in and purchased it at 1:15pm on the 16th thus making me probably one of the first of the buying public to get one in the world.

I would love to know if this is indeed the case.

1) Amazingly quiet shutter :o

Agreed.

2) the focussing, to me, seems to be lightning -- using a Tamron 24-70/2.8 --

Agreed.

3) the continuous drive, again to me, seems really smooth and quiet

Agreed.

Cheers and continued, albeit cold weather, good shooting

And same to you my friend.

Take care and keep selling those cameras

Lance

Jack

Lance

iwannabesedated wrote:

GlenGrambo wrote:

1. incredibly quiet compared to the D800 series and that extra frame a second seems to make a lot of difference!

In the few moments I've owned my D810, this is what has most stood out for me - not only is it quieter, it's also much better damped. I can barely feel the shot being taken.

Same here.

Another thing that somewhat surprised me: I examined the EXIF info for the very first shot I took, and saw that ImageNumber is 1! Didn't many Df folks report that they were seeing ImageNumbers well over 200 for their first shot? Not a big deal, I guess. -iwbs

Mine was image number 1 as well!

-- hide signature --

STREET PHOTOGRAPHY DOCUMENTARY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kkHKP4Gnd0
(*UPDATED NOV 16th*)MY BLOG.... www.nakedmanonawire.blogspot.com
****MY EMAIL ADDRESS IN IS MY 'VIEW PLAN'****
It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one is doing

-- hide signature --

STREET PHOTOGRAPHY DOCUMENTARY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kkHKP4Gnd0
(*UPDATED NOV 16th*)MY BLOG.... www.nakedmanonawire.blogspot.com
****MY EMAIL ADDRESS IN IS MY 'VIEW PLAN'****
It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one is doing

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow