Suggestions for camera/lens combo for Italy

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
HappyTailz
Forum MemberPosts: 92Gear list
Like?
Re: Suggestions for camera/lens combo for Italy
In reply to darklamp, 3 months ago

darklamp wrote:

Lens choice. Well I'd go with the 18-55 and 55-250 as you seem to have them.

The T2i tends to overexpose shots in the evaluative metering mode

Actually it does not - you do that.

Yes, it does overexpose. It is a known anomaly of this camera. I have had it long enough to know that the over-exposure is not a factor of what I do or don't do.

plus any shots with IOS400 (or more) are horribly grainy

Clearly you pixel peep. Stop doing that, it's pure folly. Think image as a whole, not pixels.

No, I do not pixel peep. I have had others look at the photos, and even take some themselves, and the grain is easily apparent at ISO 400 or above.

. Shooting in RAW produces about 3 fps. I am hoping to upgrade to sometime better in 5-6 months.

What do you need more than 3 fps for ?

I'm not saying I need more than 3fps for the Italy trip. But, yes, for wildlife photography (i.e., birds) and sports, which I didn't mention, such as horse racing and motorcross sports.  I am not a fan of the "spray & pray" method, but I would LIKE more than 3fps.

Of course I have many things to learn.  I am certainly not an expert, but neither am I a rank beginner, and I know that at  least some of the problems I'm experiencing do have to do with the camera.

I only asked for suggestions for camera/lens combo for the trip, so your response is a bit off-based and not helpful.

HappyTailz's gear list:HappyTailz's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 1.4x EX DG Tele Converter +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OohNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow