Pixel Vertex E11 problem with speedlite, help?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Matt Klopot
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Pixel Vertex E11 problem with speedlite, help?
3 months ago

I have a Pixel Vertex E11 battery grip for my Canon 5D MKIII, its been absolutely great. I rarely shoot with a speedlite (music photographer), but recently I shot World Pride in Toronto and needed to shoot with a speedlite (430 exII). The Vertex crapped the bed. It started out where the shutter button the grip wouldn't focus by half pressing (but would take the photo... burry). I was able to fix this by turning the grip off and on, then I had to turn both the grip and the camera off and on, then by the end of the weekend if I had the grip turned on, the play button on the camera wouldn't work (but if I turned the grip off, everything worked). After Pride, I put the grip back on and it worked fine again, then a few weeks later I shot a wedding, with a speedlite, and as soon as the speedlite was turned on, the grip started to not focus again, turn the speedlite off, grip is back to working fine.

Am I crazy to think its the speedlite doing this? Has anyone else had this problem or heard of this?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow