Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cmpatti
Regular MemberPosts: 228Gear list
Like?
Question for RX100III owners who make big prints
2 months ago

I've moved to Micro43 from larger formats because, at the largest print sizes I typically make (15x20 inches on 17x22 paper), the image quality of current M43 sensors with the best M43 lenses is to me indistinguishable from the IQ of bigger cameras. In other words, at that print size, any IQ advantage of the larger format is irrelevant.

I'm considering picking up an RX100III to carry on those occasions where even the M43 kit is too large and heavy, such as when running, cycling, or doing non-photography travel. I'm curious what RX100III owners who actually make prints (old-fashioned, I know) think the largest print size is at which the IQ advantage of a good larger system becomes similarly irrelevant. At what print size are you unable to see an IQ advantage for your larger system (and what system is that)?

cmpatti's gear list:cmpatti's gear list
RX100 III Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow