Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jamesm007
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,462Gear list
Like?
Show and Tell when asking for h...
4 months ago

Show and tell when asking for help with a image quality problem. Problems like mirror flap don't need a picture. But saying your new K-5II never takes sharp pics wide open, a picture would help us greatly.

a sample picture helps so much it can't be over emphasized.

It makes the difference of a of people guessing versus a few that solve your problem quickly. It can be impossible many times without a picture. So it can not be over emphasized!

There are a lot of folks here who have good to a very deep understand of both the mechanics and technique. Artistic, well for sure you have to post a picture then

When I started I had to open some free picture hosting site so I could post pics here at DPR. Now DPR gives users a "Gallery" for free.

I don't remember if you have to set up a special account (its free) or not. But its very simple. Just copy and paste the pic to your desktop (or anyplace in your PC) and (making it short) click some buttons to upload it to your Gallery to use in your post. You may have to try a few times. I could not post a pic my first time at DPR. I had to test to see if it would show. Because again we had to use outside picture albums. Now its a bit more easy being built into the website but you may still have to do some test posts.

Some tips for posting pics. The pic does not have to look pretty; its the problem to show anyway you can. Most test pics are very simple, a tree a close up of a cup. Just show with the highest quality you can and tell the problem.

jamesm007's gear list:jamesm007's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +9 more
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow