ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Holger Bargen
Contributing MemberPosts: 748Gear list
Like?
Pentax inn need of the big next step
2 months ago

Dear all,

I have Pentax Equipment since more than 30 years. I like my K5 but I am worried about the future of Pentax/Ricoh.

The reason is an Observation of the ebay offers the last months. I follow the offers of Pentax lenses on ebay since years and during the last weeks in Germany there are numerous offers of not just kit lenses which came with cameras during the last decades but also a lot of prime lenses - often entire Equipments with a lot of very nice lenses.

I can't offer any statistics but my impression is that many people leave the Pentax system for other systems right now.

I am waiting for a follow up model of the K3. The K3 is an interesting camera but the mirror flop problem should be solved and I think that there are innovations in the filed of photography which could be added to a follow up model. Even a K3ii or K3 super would be ice - please with articulated Screen.

Regarding the lenses offered on ebay: there is some motivation to make a bid for them - but to be honest: there are also thoughts about leaving the system and start something new.

Best regards

Holger

Holger Bargen's gear list:Holger Bargen's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +2 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow