ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
inax
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
SX50 capable of portrait bokeh?
2 months ago

Dear all,

this is my first thread in this forum which I have been following in the last weeks. I'm about to buy a bridge camera (I own a very basic DSLR), and as usual, there is an internal fight  ,between FZ200 and SX50. I love Canon's zoom and building but I find FZ200 very appealing because of its different features. The usual pics I take are about my family, specially my children, but I also use it for activities and talks at school, since I'm a teacher. I live in the north of Spain and wildlife is not very exciting so I use the zoom to take pics of natural poses of my children and my students.

I think that the camera that best suits me, because of my priorities, is the FZ200, but I would really miss that fantastic Zoom and IQ that SX50 offers. So, I need one more thing to balance my purchase on one side or the other, and it is the bokeh effect of portraits that I get with my DSLR. You might say that I should continue with it, but I'm tired of changing lenses.

As far as I know, FZ200 can get bokeh effects at close range due to that f2.8 and its good manual control.

Could you be so kind as to tell me if SX50 can do that as well? All non-biased answers will be very welcome;-)

Thanks in advance,

Please forgive my English.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow