Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Japes83
Forum MemberPosts: 66Gear list
Like?
X100s & TCL-X100 - Trip to Cuba - C/C Welcome
4 months ago

I just came back from my family trip to Cuba and took with me my little Fuji X100s with my recently acquired TCL-X100 50mm equivalent adapter. We spent most of our time on a resort in Cayo Santa Maria, however, we did hire a taxi driver to drive us into 3 towns (Santa Clara, Remedios and Camahuani) so that we could talk with the locals, eat with the locals, and give different gifts to them such as medicine, toothbrushes, toys, etc.

I was debating whether I should bring my X100s or my Nikon Gear (D600,D800, lenses, etc...).

Ultimately, having only brought the Fuji system, I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and versatility.

Although I know the Fuji produces excellent images, I've been spoiled with the Nikon full-frame cameras over the last couple of years, but I was definitely not disappointed.

The TCL-X100 had no noticeable differences when it came to image quality and af performance in good light. I felt as though it struggled a bit more in low-light, but regardless, af in low light on the X100s isn't that great to begin with.

Included in this thread are some hightlights taken with the X100s with and without the TCL-X100 50mm lens. Comments and Constructive criticism are welcome

my son.

my daughter.

my son.

It only rained during the night.

'I kissed a (Cuban) girl, and I liked it'

Gifts given to the local cubans.

Local merchant shoppe.

I love the cars!

These children loved their gifts (one of which was a skipping rope).

We met this lady 5 years ago when we visited Cuba for the first time and saw her again during our trip this year.

My wife giving children clothing away.

A gracious local.

I love the cars!

Japes83's gear list:Japes83's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D800 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow