ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peter Mueller
Contributing MemberPosts: 558Gear list
Like?
D810 Trap Focus?
2 months ago

Hi all,

I must be doing something wrong, but I do not succeed to set my D810 to only take pictures when the subject is in focus.  I found the menu options focus priority for AF-S and AF-C and I set them both to focus priority, yet the camera takes a picture whenever I push the shutter release button.  As I understand the manual on pages 306 and 307 (and from what I know from my D700), this is not the way this camera should behave.  Could some of you fellow D810 owners check and see how your camera is doing "focus priority"?

Does this depend on the AF-ON and shutter release settings?  I have set the camera to focus exclusively with the AF-ON button (just as I had it set on the D700); the shutter release button only releases the shutter.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Peter Mueller's gear list:Peter Mueller's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +26 more
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow