Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kitsap2
Contributing MemberPosts: 962Gear list
Like?
Strange E-PL5, M.Zuiko 9-18mm EXIF Anomaly
5 months ago

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the following. I was filtering my library (Aperture) for those photos taken with my M.Zuiko 9-18mm lens. After setting up the filter for the lens, copying one of the photo's exif info for the lens in question, to the lens filter description, I saw only about half of the photos show up in the results.

After going back to the filter setup, and re-entering the name of the lens, I simply could not get all of the photos taken with the 9-18 lens to show up.

After a lot of grappling with what the problem could possibly be, I came across this: The E-PL5 recorded the lens's name as, OLYMPUS M.9-18mm F4.0-5.6, for the first part of the year, and then started recording the name of the lens as, Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6, since.

The difference between the two names perplexes me.  And this was the reason the filter was not working correctly.

Any ideas about what happened?  Is there a setting in the camera that I inadvertently changed?  I only have the one 9-18mm lens, and the one, E-PL5 camera.

Mystified in Seattle,

Tom

kitsap2's gear list:kitsap2's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +6 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus PEN E-PL5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow