Sunrise. CC is needed

Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
capturef22
Senior MemberPosts: 2,525
Like?
Re: Sunrise. CC is needed
In reply to Greyser, 5 months ago

I think it's 'unconventional' but still a nice shot. I kind of like throwing convention to the wind from time to time.

I've also been messing around with birds at the golden hours too. I find it presents this challenge of wanting to correct WB vs keeping that golden glow. None of mine have been as extreme as yours but I find myself most often 'going for the gold'!

What makes your image unique IMO is that the gold is really only visible on the hummer and the branch--no hint of it in the background. Whether that would 'confuse' someone who hasn't' seen that situation before, I don't know. I don't think I'd do a whole series of that extreme for a show, but for an occasional picture I think it's fine.

[I posted the above before reading the other comments. I totally agree with the art vs bird discussion and I think I too prefer the image with less cropping, now that I've seen the original. Though I don't do it all the time, I often challenge myself to take the 'conventional picture' (aka what has come to be the expected as technology develops) in a somehow creative and unconventional way. Or at least that's the excuse I use when things turn out differently than I wanted / expected... ]

Thanks for posting.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow