ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Grig
Senior MemberPosts: 1,985Gear list
Like?
What D810 can do that D800 cant?
5 months ago

Just read the subject...

Not to rain on someones parade, but I decided to stay with my old D800 despite to the fact that D810 was available for me on the day of the release... Just can't convince myself reading reviews and looking at the "test" shots...

If I would shoot video with it (I do shoot video but with a real pro camcorders) - that probably would be a reason to upgrade, but now... especially after figuring that sRAW is not a real RAW... No go for me...

Any thoughts from D810 owners that upgraded from D800/E? Was it really worth extra money to upgrade? For me (it this point) unfortunately (my wife says fortunately) it is not worth upgrading from D800... beautiful camera that many people just don't know how to use...

I understand hobbyists and shooting for fun photography lovers - different story, but when you make living from your gear (full time photographers) - IMHO - nothing I can't do with my old D800 that this body can... (I don't do long timelapses... LOL...)

For the real speed I use single digit bodies...

-- hide signature --

Real photography - it's just the ability to see what was already created by God!
www.grigphoto.com

Grig's gear list:Grig's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon D3S Nikon D800E Nikon D600 +11 more
Nikon D800 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow