Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kevin Cabral
Regular MemberPosts: 170Gear list
Like?
Red and blue dead pixels on my 5D Mark III
5 months ago

Came home after some long exposure shooting, uploaded the pictures to my computer. Noticed instantly a red pixel, very tiny, in the center of my photo. There might be more in the photo, but hard to tell because there are lights in the photo as well.

So I did a test shot with the lens cap on. After reviewing the photo, I see blue and red pixels. I'd say more than 4-5. The photo I shot outside was 30 seconds long exposure at f10 ISO 1250. For the test shot with lens cap on, I shot at 30 seconds f20 ISO 1600. Then I went crazy and went up 20 ISO 2000, 4000 and the blue and red pixels increased.

This camera isn't even 3 months old. Is it normal to see red pixels and blue pixels at ISO 1250 with long exposures? I'm worried by it to be honest. I tried the remapping trick. Had the body cap on, set it to manual cleaning and left it for 10 minutes. Still nothing.

Any help would ease my mind. Hopefully it's a common issue and not a sensor issue already :S.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin Cabral's gear list:Kevin Cabral's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow