Is this the year Pentax makes or breaks your FF dream?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
DAVID MANZE
Senior MemberPosts: 1,829Gear list
Like?
Re: Is this the year Pentax makes or breaks your FF dream?
In reply to Leandros S, 5 months ago

Leandros S wrote:

DAVID MANZE wrote:

-- hide signature --

I think you'll find that is standard behavior for a sales representative! One thing is for sure, Pentax would not risk an industrial secret to a sales rep, especially one who goes around winking and smiling!

I think that's the main problem with the idea of Pentax FF at Fotokina this year - if it were coming, it would be leaked or at least rumoured by now. The only straw for believers is that the density of this rumour in previous years may mean that people are so determined not to be hoodwinked this time that they miss the real thing. Fat chance imo, seeing how long this "game" has been working for and how many sites out there are ready to spin any herring bone into a yarn.

Then again, Apple seems to have occasionally managed to keep big projects under wraps. Maybe Ricoh know how to do this.

-- hide signature --

No amount of perceived entitlement can replace actual expertise.

The K3 had some sort of build up, well Pentax style, nodding and grinning at interviews for six months. The 645Z had quite a moderate build up and that proved successful for them with a lot of industry interest and a whole load of pre-orders for a well deserved MF camera.

With product life being shorter than ever now, the hype is part of the product lifespan of keep it dangling in the public eye for a long as possible. Coming soon, shipping dates, hands on tests, full tests etc. Facebook is also playing it's part now.

If Pentax was to launch a FF to me it would be foolish to bring it to market without a plethora of pre-launch fireworks, flag waving, dancing girls and the like. I've seen none of that on facebook!

So if they are relying on sales representatives winking and smiling while walking out of camera stores as their pre-launch advertising tactics they ought to find a new marketing manager!

Dave's clichés

DAVID MANZE's gear list:DAVID MANZE's gear list
Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow