Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tony Bonanno
Contributing MemberPosts: 723Gear list
Like?
D810 -Three Minor Items No Longer Included
5 months ago

I've noticed several threads about items no longer in the box. We have two D810's and it appears that the following three items are no longer in the box, at least not in the USA configuration:

1. Cord for battery charger. The charger now appears to only utilize the small wall adapter (which I prefer anyway). However, sometimes a cord comes in handy. You may recall the 800/800E had both the wall adapter and the cord. Fortunately, the cord is a fairly standard item readily available from many sources.

2. Hot shoe cover. Never used it anyway.

3. The small User Quick Guide. This version of the essentials was nice to keep in your bag for those rare times you couldn't remember how to enable or disable a setting. I haven't checked, but I suspect there is an online version that can be downloaded. However, the small printed size of the quick guide was convenient.

None of these changes causes any heartburn here, but find it interesting that Nikon no longer includes them.

-- hide signature --

Tony Bonanno Photography, Santa Fe, New Mexico
ASMP Professional Member
www.bonannophoto.com

Tony Bonanno's gear list:Tony Bonanno's gear list
Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow