Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
c0nstrictor
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
Best Lens for 6D(?)
3 months ago

Howdy there ladies and gentlemen, I am pretty much about to buy a 6D, and I don't have too much extra money, but I'd like to buy at least/most two lens.  I have already decided on a nice Tamron 70-200mm 2.8 VC USD (amazing quality, pretty fast AF, and a very reasonable price).

I need help deciding my next lens.  I definitely want a prime, and I'm either thinking of the 85mm 1.8 or 1.4 (if I have the extra money), or a 50mm 1.8 or 1.4 (same deal).  I want a 50mm because it's a little wider, but on my pictures that I've taken so far on my A77 (1.5x crop....I've had the lens for a year or so), I've used my Minolta 50mm 1.7 (a 75mm on crop) more than my 28mm (a 43mm on crop).

What I want to ask you guys is if getting an 85mm for now, and then possibly getting a 50mm when I get more money is the better option because it's 1) better quality, and 2) a length I will use more often?  Is it worth not having any lens that covers until 70mm to get an 85?  Or should I get the 50mm with the 70-200mm, then worry about other lens that "cross" the other focal lengths I have?

I don't want to bring any of the topics I shoot because it can get complicated and annoying, so please just try to work with the information I gave you.  You shouldn't need to know what I shoot for now. If you really do, then feel free to ask.

Thanks!

James

Visit the Rainone Photography website.

c0nstrictor's gear list:c0nstrictor's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 +4 more
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DudeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow