Senior MemberPosts: 2,894Gear list
Like?
Re: Has anyone heard form B&H-- D810
In reply to Peter Mueller, 2 months ago

Peter Mueller wrote:

Peter Mueller wrote:

Peter Mueller wrote:

h2odavid wrote:

BH told me their shipment from Nikon is delayed and they will not received any until Monday.

I placed my order yesterday. I was told I would not make the initial shipment.

I ordered on 06/29 and received an e-mail from B&H today telling me to be patient ("... as we haven't yet received the merchandise from our supplier"). A couple hours later, they charged my credit card. Online, on the B&H web page, the order status is "In stock, order sent to warehouse".

Update: I have a tracking number.

Second update: I have the D810 and have taken a number of out-of-focus pictures with it.

I am not sure whether this body needs significant AF fine tuning (my D700 did not need it) or whether I am doing something wrong, but for now I am not getting it right.

Received mine today. Took several photos inside and then outside in the bright sunlight. Outdoor shots were exceptionally sharp. The indoor shots were before I set it up so it took shots with very slow shutter speeds and I was not hand holding the camera very steady. Didn't matter to me at that time as it was right out of the box and I only wanted to know if it worked. It did.

See no indication of needing fine tuning with a 24-70 f/2.8G lens. This lens did not need any fine tuning on my D800 either.

-- hide signature --

"There is a little of not done yet in all of us."
John Madden, football coach

digital ed's gear list:digital ed's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D810 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow