Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ThachLy
Regular MemberPosts: 214Gear list
Like?
Love my X-A1
5 months ago

We took a road trip from Melbourne (Aust) to Eden and Sydney along the coast.

I brought along a XA1, a XE1, plus 14mm, 55-200mm, kit 16-50mm, and the 35mm.

Of all the photo taken, I love the ones from the XA-1 the most. Love the 14mm and 55-200mm. They are stunningly good.

XA-1 + 14mm, sun rise, the beach part of the backyard of the hotel Seahorse, Eden.

The Seahorse Inn just outside Eden has a private beach looking to the East. My son and I woke up at 6:00AM to catch this stunning view. You could hear the waves breaking from the window of our room.

Took this from the balcony of our room, sun set on the first night. XA-1, 14mm.

We then drove on to Sydney. Its was cold, windy. We got to the Rock to take some quick photos of the Harbour bridge and Opera House. Its started to rain. Side way wind made it hard to hold the tripod still. I snapped away with my XA1+55-200mm and the XE1+14mm and XE1+35mm. Off all the shots I took in a time of 2 min or so, I am only somewhat happy with the one below. The rest was out of focus or blurred due to gusty wind.

Opera House, Ignore the time shown on picture. Its around 7:30PM, XA1, 55-200mm

Overall I think the XA1 is THE most under-rated X-camera of all full stop.

I would strongly recommend buying it with a 14mm or 55-200mm any day.

ThachLy's gear list:ThachLy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Fujifilm X-A1 Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow