Is this the year Pentax makes or breaks your FF dream?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
justin23
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,257Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless is Future?
In reply to Dale108, 5 months ago

Dale108 wrote:

While I have been am SLR/DSLR user for 30 years, it is obvious that mirrorless is the wave of the future. Look at what Olympus, Fuji and Sony are putting out and how AFC is catching up to SLR. While I wouldn't have said this 1 year ago, that appears to be the market direction. I know people will point to sales not supporting that trend anywhere except Asia, but as soon as people accept the smaller size, it will catch on here also.

If Pentax goes FF, a mirrorless may be the best route for market diversification. Make an adapter so the regular lenses will work and I would be interested.

Dale

This to me makes the most sense in a few ways.  People want FF, people want smaller and lighter cameras, but they also want to use their K mount lenses.  If they design it well the k mount adaptor  can be no bigger than a TC.  Then bring out a mirrorless APS-C with the same new mount and gradually build new lenses to the new mount over time, phasing out the older lenses.

There will always need to be a transition period, right now i like my optical viewfinder, but in 10 years i may be happy with an EVF.

-- hide signature --

Justin
--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/justinwatson

justin23's gear list:justin23's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow