Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
parrmt
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Amazing FZ200 Story
3 months ago

Less than 2 weeks ago, we were hiking in the Osa peninsula on the Pacific Ocean shore in Costa Rica. As my son in law and I were waiting for the rest of the family to join us on the rocky shore, we were taken down hard and fast by a huge wave. We were pummeled by lava rocks and ocean debris. We were fully submerged, but I did try and keep my camera up in my hand. Other than a bloody knee and cut hand, we were fine. Very very lucky !

My beloved camera was DOA. After getting back to our lodge, we immediately put it in a waterproof bag with huge bags of desiccant. The camera looked dry with no water that we could see; lens, battery compartment, access site etc.  But still dead. I kept thinking, we are OK, I can replace a camera but not our lives.

Off and on our last few days in Costa Rica I kept putting in the battery to see if it would work. Nada!

We've been home a week and I have tried several times, with no success, dead dead dead.

Today I saw the price on Amazon had dropped to $449, I added it to my cart and was ready to purchase. But I thought what the heck , I will try one more time. It POWERED UP, all modes work, zoom works, everything!!! I can't believe it. I keep dancing around saying it's a Christmas Miracle in July.

Love love love my camera. It's my third Panny, I was going to buy it again.

Just thought you might find this interesting!

Cheers!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow