How exaclty bad is a rear element scratch.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zealex
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
How exaclty bad is a rear element scratch.
2 months ago

Hey,

I didn't see a Pentax lens or general lens forum, so I hope this is the right section.

I've got the da 35mm/2.4 and it's currently my favorite lens. However, the other day I picked it up and somehow the rear lens cap came out so my fingerprint got on the rear element! I ordered a lens pen, and cleaned it and bam it was like new....until I put the flashlight to my lens, and after I changed angles I stumbled across what appear to be very very very very tiny scratches/cleaning marks :(. I tired taking photos of the marks, but all the photos on my galaxy come out like nothing is there. When you look at the lens in light, there is nothing there. Only visible on very close inspection with a flashlight. I was careful, and everyone said lens glass isn't easy to scratch but hey...I scratched mine. I'm upset, because it's new and my favorite but more so now I feel like it's ruined. From google everyone states that front element damage is nothing but rear element damage is the end. I put my lens on, took some photos and I only viewed them on my DSLR but everything looks normal. Am I just paranoid, or should I look for something? I just don't want to print a ton of photos out and then notice there's a serious defect in my photos.

Thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow