Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
johnami
Contributing MemberPosts: 711Gear list
Like?
DSC-RX100
4 months ago

Just some feedback about my RX 100 bought in August 2012.

A good small apparatus, practical and easy to handle especially after I added an additional grip.

Unfortunately I feel the camera is a little fragile and would not buy a more recent model no matter how good the sensor is. My model suffered from dust points on the sensor and last month I accidently dropped it whilst inside its bag into a pool of water. Even though I quickly removed it from the water and the wet bag it longer would function. I have just received the report from the repair shop.......

'Your apparatus is being returned to you unrepaired. The main reason for this is that it isn't economically repairable. Internal parts are rusty. Liquid damaged.

I knew that the camera had been damaged by water, no surprises there. But I guess it's the times that we live in when a piece of equipment becomes uneconomical to repair after just 23 months..........:(

The RX 100 can still be bought new in France and prices range from 350 to 429 Euros.

So I must assume it would be cheaper to buy a new one.

The moral of this 'sad' story is don't let water get to your Sony RX 100. It doesn't like it

I guess I should have stuck to my Pentax gear.........

Cheese

johnami's gear list:johnami's gear list
Pentax K-3
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow