Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Lin Evans
Forum ProPosts: 15,736Gear list
Like?
Re: Why do you think I didn't look?
In reply to mroy, 3 months ago

mroy wrote:

Lin Evans wrote:

Did you "Look" at the area bounded by the four red arrows at 100%?

Again: why do you ask again? I'm out - this is becoming stupid.

Best regards,

Lin

I asked because you appear to be totally hung up on "sharpening." I did zero sharpening in that area and you did not address the area I asked about, instead you reiterated what you have said before and apparently "assumed" that it has to do with sharpening. It does not. You have failed to enunciate clearly what it is that you don't like about the Q image. I find it impossible to follow your thinking or understand clearly what it is that you want to see differently. Words like "plain wrong" simply do not convey anthing other than a subjective emotion.

I can make your entire Q image look identical to your Merrill image except it will have greater detail and resolution which go hand-in-hand. It will also have more uniform color with better transitions between areas of color.

Your mind is made up so no need to answer, but understand that sharpening is not the answer and that regardless that you "believe" that you should be able to add a certain degree and radius of sharpening to an image, you can't make that assumption. There are too many variables which have to be considered. As others have told you, present the image unsharpened and only then can it be properly manipulated to get maximum micro-contrast.

Regards,

Lin

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow