Canon EOS 5D Mark III: Is there any disadvantage?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Dan_168
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,050
Like?
Re: Canon EOS 5D Mark III: Is there any disadvantage?
In reply to BPina, 5 months ago

Yes there is, at least to me there is. It depends on how you are going to use the camera, it's a nice "all around" camera but not necessary best in every single area, actually I didn't find any "best" in this particular model, but again it's a pretty well balanced "all around" model camera, For example, it's lacking behind D800/D800E pretty far in sensor resolution, Dynamic range, shadow noise, if you intend to use it mainly as a landscape camera, I own multiple systems so I can see the huge difference between the two sensor, so better try some different camera before you settle on one that you like, sometimes talking to people only have personal experience on one particular brand/model doesn't give you the whole picture, whatever they own is normally all perfect, LOL. When I was looking for a landscape camera, I compare multiple options myself, not just reading review on internet, I rent, tried friends camera, combined that with my personal experience on all the gears I have myself and came to the conclusion there is huge disadvantage in this area for me, can it produce great shot? of course it can if I do my part, it's just there is other camera out there with better sensor technologies which makes it easier for the specific job that I am using this camera for. Well, there is "gear doesn't matter, it's only the one behind that makes the difference....." school, so if you go by that, then there is absolutely no advantage or disadvantage, on any gears, not just 5D MK III, no point of coming to a gear forum either. LOL.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow