panasonic gx7 or olympus e-m10 for a 1,000 budget?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
jennajenna
Senior MemberPosts: 1,157
Like?
Re: panasonic gx7 or olympus e-m10 for a 1,000 budget?
In reply to Yeyo, 2 months ago

Yeyo wrote:

Advent1sam wrote:

jennajenna wrote:

Yeyo wrote:

Hey people which one do you recommend between panasonic gx7 and olympus e-m10 for a 1,000 budget?

I think you are making a mistake not considering a quality used e-m5; can be found for around $550 now.

I'd be very nervous of the em-5, on reflection mine suffered very badly with shutter shock and yes I liked it better than the EM-1, but I would be apprehensive about getting another. The 0 shutter shock mode on the 1 and 10 definitely help, however, the GX7 in silent mode is something else for a MILC.

You know I've read about the shutter shock issue and I guess I'm lucky but never experienced it. Also my brother owns an e-m5 too and his has been well behaved as well. I agree on the silent mode. Lovely feature but if you don't really plan to use it....

Leaning a bit more to the em10 and 5 because of the viewfinder center location im more used to the dslt center location i used a nex6 in christmas and didnt get used to the viewfinder location. But i dont know because i been reading the em10 video is lacking and i like sometimes to do a little video. Any opinion on video on em10 or em5?

That's a tough one. The gx7 clearly has a superior codec (higher bitrate). BUT your vids will "appear" better due to the inbody video stabilization of the olympus. I have a gh3 and e-m5 and to be honest the e-m5 looks better when I don't use a tripod or use a stabilized lens. And if you want to go somewhere where "small" is important then the olympus is your best choice.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow