Canon EOS 5D Mark III: Is there any disadvantage?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
AHWest
Forum MemberPosts: 69Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon EOS 5D Mark III: Is there any disadvantage?
In reply to cpkuntz, 2 months ago

I thought the main advantages of the 5D3 is its access to Canon lenses, good but not class leading sensor, good flexibility and control, and perhaps most importantly, good AF for moving objects. One disadvantage to gaining access to Canon full frame lenses is that most are large, heavy, and expensive. But it's the same for other full frame systems.

I've heard that Nikon has a better ultrawide lens than Canon currently offers, though i've seen early praise for Canon's new 16-35 f4 IS lens, possibly challenging that perception. Since wide indoor stills, presumably with low light, is your main interest, and Nikon might offer a better sensor/lens combination catering to that use. On the other hand, if you were looking for low light action using a longer lens, I'd say a 5D3 with 70-200 IS II lens appears the winner for that use.

AHWest's gear list:AHWest's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 450D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow