Last Airshow Photos For A While (6 photos)

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MightyMike
Forum ProPosts: 30,238
Like?
Last Airshow Photos For A While (6 photos)
5 days ago

Some airshows get it right but most get it wrong, the organizers of airshows rarely if ever take into account the photographers and what will make the best photo. Take for instance the Toronto CNE airshow, i don't go to it anymore, your almost consistently shooting into the sun or at least close enough that you're always shooting the shady side of the plane. Now if they'd start 2-4 hours earlier or 2-4 hours later it'd be a lot better for photography. So at this Waterloo airshow which was very good for sun position left the darkest plane for a time where the sun wasn't nicely head on and therefore not ideal for photography. I've been to a few airshows where they clearly get it right (by accident) and many more where they get it wrong, I almost wish they'd consult photographers for the start time and line-up arrangement.

Anyhow here are the last photos from that airshow, I'd have more of the strikemaster but most were shaded

Look at the shutter speed required to get this amount of rotor blur, I threw out many photos where the helicopter was moving just enough to have motion blur, its a tough balance

-- hide signature --

Mike from Canada
"I am not a great photographer! God is a great creator! All I do is capture His creation with the tools He has provided me."
'I like to think so far outside the box that it would require a telephoto lens just to see the box!' ~ 'My Quote :)'
http://www.michaelfastphotography.com/galleries/VP-BDI_3a.jpg
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?sort_order=views%20DESC&first_this_page=0&page_limit=180&&emailsearch=mighty_mike88%40hotmail.com&thumbnails=

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow