panasonic gx7 or olympus e-m10 for a 1,000 budget?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,563Gear list
Like?
Re: panasonic gx7 or olympus e-m10 for a 1,000 budget?
In reply to Advent1sam, 3 months ago

Advent1sam wrote:

GX7 silent shutter is very addictive, it is an incredible differentiator from every other interchangeable lens camera, can be used anywhere? Add in twin axis is for non is primes and the incredible tilt evf and there is not much wrong with GX7.

Exactly. Silent Mode is a game changer. I can take shots virtually anywhere, unnoticed. The streamlined, hump less body of the GX7 makes it much more subtle and less noticeable, too.

For instance, my girlfriend and I were recently in Ghent, Belgium. We went to see Van Eijk's Ghent Altarpiece and I was itching to get some shots of it. Unfortunately, there were "No Photo" signs. Hmmpfh! Couple my GX7, Voigtländer 17.5mm @ f5.6, zone focus and my NYC stealth shooting techniques…

Van Eijk's Ghent Altarpiece … GX7 with Voigtländer 17.5mm in Silent Mode.

Other major differences between the GX7 and EM10 are the superior out-of-the-box handling, ergonomics and interface of the GX7. When I tried an EM10 it struck me as being way too small, with cramped controls. Even adding an external grip wouldn't help the control issues.

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow